Silver bracelet

My last big craft obsession was with chainmaille. I was pretty deep in it; I kept an extensive set of tools and supplies, had an inventory of around 100+ pieces (some of them quite large and ring-intensive, some quite small and fine), booked tables at craft shows, even put together my own website and was writing tutorials for other artisans. That whole thing kind of just got dropped around the end of 2008, which coincides oddly with the start of my undergraduate career.

I kept all my tools and supplies, though, so as soon as I got a free moment I was able to pick it back up again. I thought I'd share the first thing I made in my resurgence: a simple but classic silver bracelet with a bar clasp.

It's made from 20 ga. sterling silver wire at a ring ID of 7/64". The weave pattern is the simplest and best known of chainmaille weaves, European 4-in-1, which was (and is) the most common armor weave. I'd like to make it a little wider, but with the current cost of silver I think I'll hold off on that unless someone specifically asks for it.

That's all for now. Stay crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment