Tiny books are cute and anthropomorphic

I am making several tiny books to sell as pendants at an upcoming renaissance faire... I quickly discovered that they have an irresistible personality!


Here's Shep, a book dog.


He belongs to these bookly citizens.


Is that...a bird?  Or a plane?


A well-dressed stranger visits the town.
The bookly citizens gather to admire her gilded wardrobe.


Shep finds something interesting.


The book boards for everyone's hard covers have arrived!  Everyone gathers to see, and the town elder claims the podium to regale them with his tale of The Day I Earned My Covers.


Suddenly, in the middle of his tale -- a GOD descends -- !
The citizens stumble backward in awe!


While the others stand frozen, the town elder steps forward, fearless.
"Are you sure that's wise?" protests the gilded newcomer.
"Perhaps not, but the spirit of ADVENTURE compels me!"


The bookly god is benevolent and takes them to see the Promised Land of Bookshelf. Someday, when all the bookly citizens have earned their covers, they will come here to live among the great ones.

To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. You gave me a good laugh - sorry, I know you are being serious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I love it! Makes me think of all the poor books without their covers...

    ReplyDelete